Independent Baptist Church was formally organized on December 29, 1943, under the leadership of Pastor William Peck.
Early on, IBC gathered for the first few months in downtown Towanda on Main St., then at a member’s home. About 6 months later, our church purchased property on York Ave. Meetings were held there until May of 1960. At this point, we moved into our current facilities on Cherry St.
Our senior pastors have included William Peck (serving from 1943 to 1950), Darris (“Doc”) Hauser (from 1950 to 1993) and Donn Hauser (1993 to the present). We have also had several assistant pastors under these men through the years, serving the church through the ministry of outreach, youth, and music.
Our vision is to “build up and reach out for the glory of God”. By His grace, we pray that our church will see this vision through to the end!